Vince Young, look out. "Winning" the cover role as a longshot, the Titans QB's appointment leaves Peyton, LT, LJ, Tom Brady, Reggie Bush, etc breathing easier.
Who knows, maybe this will be the year to break the jinx, but given the efforts of Chargers fans to save Ladanian Tomlinson from the Madden curse, it's not something I would want to mess with. Consider the evidence:
• Seattle Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander (2006): He broke a bone in his left foot early in the season and finished with 896 rushing yards.
• Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb (2005): Eagles started out 4-5, and McNabb missed the final seven games because of a sports hernia.
• Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis (2004): Suffered wrist injury, which caused him to miss a game and limited his production. It was the only season of his career in which he had no interceptions.
• Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick (2003): Suffered a broken right leg during an exhibition game, causing him to miss the first 11 games of the season.
• St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk (2002): Missed two games with an injured ankle.
• Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper (2001): Missed the final five games with a knee injury after throwing almost as many interceptions (13) as touchdown passes (14).